If you want to be your best, you have to eat your best!
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruits, little starch, and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. -Greg Glassman
You are what you eat
Finely tuned, an optimal diet will increase health, energy and sense of well being while reducing fat, packing on muscle and optimizing physical performance. Diet is critical to optimizing human function and a great place to start is by eating quality food or “REAL FOOD”. The food we eat usually falls somewhere in the spectrum of “worst shit you could ever put in your body” to nutrient-rich fuel that makes you feel and perform at your potential.
Journey to Greatness
Not only does every person have a somewhat unique relationship with food, but also different goals, lifestyles, food skills, and many other connections to what they eat. While we still think a Paleo style of eating is the best pathway to optimal health and performance, both in the immediate and the long term, we also acknowledge that changing the way you eat is a journey.
It is our experience that athletes transition the way they eat not in just 30 or 60 days, but overtime as they experience new challenges, realizations, personal experiences, successes and failures. See below for a boatload of resources to inspire you to get you started, including knowledge, recipes and ideas to help chip away at conventional wisdom of food.
One on one consultation: $50/hr
Follow up sessions: 4 pack for $125 or $40/hr
$20/person or $200 for groups of 10+
Group classes will usually proceed an impending nutrition challenge. If you are interested in scheduling a group session at or outside of CFO, please contact Courtney via the nutrition info form.
Every few months, CFO will challenge our athletes to take on an epic nutrition challenge. Each challenge will have specific guidelines, time frames, cost and prizes. Stay tuned to the website and Facebook for details on the next challenge, likely to start August 1st.
Expand Your Knowledge
If you are new, or old to the Paleo diet, we encourage you all to continue to educate yourself and NEVER stop learning! Always ask questions, and search for answers. There is a lot more to the Paleo diet than society\’s common knowledge. Explore for yourself, see what you like, or dislike about it, and try to apply meaningful changes to your diet! The following resources will provide you with answers to any question you can have!
The great thing about eating Paleo, is that it can be as simple or complex as you want!!! Browse these amazing recipe resources and get cooking!
NEVER STOP LEARNING
You can never go wrong with a good book! Here are some of our favorites…
- The Paleo Solution, by Robb Wolf
- The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson
- Everyday Paleo, by Sara Fragoso
- The Paleo Diet, by Loren Cordain
- Good Calories, Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes
- Why We Get Fat, by Gary Taubes
- It Starts With Food, by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig
- Grain Brain, by David Perlmutter
- Wheat Belly, by Dr. Willima Davis
- The Story of the Human Body: Evolution, Health and Disease by Daniel Lieberman
- Omnivore’s Dilemma, by Michael Pollan
- In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
- Accidental Farmers, by Tim Young
- New, Evolutionary Diet, by Arthur De Vany & Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Primal Body, Primal Mind, by Nora Gedgaudas
- Paleo Coach, by Jason Seib
- Willpower: Rediscovering the greatest human strength, by Roy Baumeister
- Vegetarian Myth, by Lierre Keith
- Practical Paleo, by Diane Sanfilippo
- Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar and Survival, by T.S. Wiley and Bent Formby
- Nourishing Traditions, Sally Fallon & Mary Enig
- Early to Rise, by Andy Traub
- Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
- Food Politics, Marion Nestle
- Mindless Eating, Brian Wansink
- Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone, by Mark Goulston
Here are a few of our favorite place to buy food on island.
Eat your Best
Whether you don’t know where to get grass-fed meat, or don’t have time to pack Paleo snacks, that is no excuse to let your diet suffer!! Check out these awesome food services that can deliver goodness right to your door.